TURNERS BEACH/TASMANIA (Saturday,13th January,2024): Turners Beach on Tasmania’s North Coast will play host to the 2024 Women in Waves Day with another huge turnout expected thanks to event partners in the Tasmanian Government and Amare’ Beachside Luxury.
Women in Waves is a day dedicated to all types of girls and women who want to experience a day at the beach and in the surf. It’s about having fun, building confidence, improving surfing, and building communities by making new friends in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Seven-Time World Champion and long-time event patron Layne Beachley is excited about this year’s location on the North Coast.
Surfing Tasmania’s Women in Waves program aims to:
- Build confidence to have fun being physically active in and around the ocean
- Enhance the surfing skills of girls and women
- Create a safe and inclusive environment that encourages positive relationships between girls and women
- Promote opportunities for girls and womento network, build communities beyond the program and enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle
- Develop leadership skills for girls and women through a variety of activities such as, event coordination, committee membership and coaching
- Provide mentoring opportunities for girls and women who surf and inspire growth of the surfing lifestyle from the grassroots.
Registrations open at 8.15am. The day starts at 9.15am and finishes at 3pm. It’s flexible around the conditions but includes ( please bring your own yoga mat):
- Ocean Literacy Information Session (NEW INCLUSION IN THIS YEARS PROGRAM)
- Surfing with Layne Beachley
- Coaching from Female Surf Coaches
- Healthy Lunch and refreshments available
- Panel Discussion with Guest Speaker – Layne Beachley
- Board and Wetsuit Hire
REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
Ticket Types & Concession Holders
Payment cannot be made on the day. Bookings close Saturday 10th February 2024. Please make sure you follow ‘Surfing Tasmania’ on social media for the latest updates and more. First in, best dressed…limited spaces are available!
No refunds offered for non-attendance, exchanges/ transfers of registration will be offered only no later than 48 hours prior to event commencing by requesting via email (T&Cs apply). Concession Holders can access full day tickets at the reduced rate of $75, and those who quality for ‘Ticket to Play’ (Under 18s with a Concession Card) are encouraged to utilise one of your “tickets” by contacting Leanne Johannesen (Event Manager) directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women in Waves Program is funded by the Crown through the Department of Health while Layne Beachley is supported by Amare Luxury Accommodation as key note speaker.
Surfing Tasmania is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all people to participate, including those with diverse sexualities and genders.
I am a Pride in SportLGBTIQA+ ALLY