TURNERS BEACH/TASMANIA (Tuesday,30th January,2024): Surfing Tasmania is pleased to welcome Ashgrove Cheese as a major Partner for our upcoming Women in Waves Event, scheduled for February 17, 2024, at Turners Beach on Tasmania’s North Coast.
Ashgrove is an iconic Tasmanian brand with a long history dairy farming and wholesome food production in Tasmania’s fertile Northwest. Their pasture-to-plate philosophy, enduring since inception, aligns seamlessly with our surfing community’s values.
Ashgrove’s commitment to sustainability is exemplified by initiatives like ‘Ashgrove Milk on Tap,’ offering shoppers an eco-friendly alternative and preventing tons of plastic milk bottles from reaching landfills.
Women in Waves is a day dedicated to all types of girls and women who want to experience a day at the beach and in the surf. It’s about having fun, building confidence, improving surfing, and building communities by making new friends in a relaxed and supportive environment. Seven-Time World Champion and long-time event patron Layne Beachley will again be leading the event.
We look forward to working with Ashgrove to deliver another successful event and sharing their story with our Tasmanian surfing community.
The water component of the event has now officially SOLD OUT. Limited tickets remain for the Guest Speaker Component (LINK BELOW).
Surfing Tasmania’s Women in Waves program aims to:
- Build confidence to have fun being physically active in and around the ocean
- Enhance the surfing skills of girls and women
- Create a safe and inclusive environment that encourages positive relationships between girls and women
- Promote opportunities for girls and womento network, build communities beyond the program and enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle
- Develop leadership skills for girls and women through a variety of activities such as, event coordination, committee membership and coaching
- Provide mentoring opportunities for girls and women who surf and inspire growth of the surfing lifestyle from the grassroots.
GUEST SPEAKER SESSION REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
The Women in Waves day is funded by the Healthy Tasmania Fund through the Tasmanian Government while Layne Beachley is supported by Amare Luxury Accomodation as key note speaker.
Surfing Tasmania is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all people to participate, including those with diverse sexualities and genders.
I am a Pride in SportLGBTIQA+ ALLY